Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I'm Up To Wednesday

Hello Hello!  And welcome middle of the week.  I'm glad you are finally here. We've had some crazy nasty germs running through our house since Thanksgiving and I sometimes feel like it will never end.  Now Miss K has strep and Mr. SunnySewing has a nasty stomach flu thing going on.  I haven't had my sewing room or the house to myself since.... forever! Boo.

I did start on a project this (and last) week with the intention of finishing it all last Thursday.  That didn't go as planned.  Here it sits in the room waiting for me.

I'm making the top you see second down on the left.  Hot pink is definitely Miss K's style.  So far I'm liking the pattern and construction so I'll keep you posted on the fit.

I also went shopping with my Mom for a few moments on Monday (after a doctor's visit). She spent her Hancock Bonus Bucks on me for Christmas! Thanks Mom.
I picked up the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G fabric for a shirt dress I'm making soon.
I'll be making View C and it will look great because the wonderful sewers over at Patternreview.com say it turns out way better than the gals on the pattern.  I'm very pumped about this!

I also have that wonderful elastic waist funky skirt I'll be making next (before shirt dress and after hot pink top).  Here is a preview of the fabric for that skirt.

So I hope your week is going smoothly and you are contently plodding away at your projects as well.

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The fabric you picked for the shirt dress is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished dress.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.