Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I'm up to Wednesday

This morning I heard a rather disturbing announcement on the radio.  I was driving the kids to school, thankful that it is finally 10 degrees outside and not -21.... and the radio man said something about how "Women look their oldest at 3:30 pm on Wednesdays."  I was so disgusted I shut the radio off and Mr. T started laughing.  He knows my birthday is just around the corner and the last thing I want to hear is about women looking old!

So today at 3:30 I'm not going to look old.  I'm going to look fresh-faced and sunny!

What am I up to today you ask?






Still working on the elastic waist skirt ~ I had to walk away for a few days as I work out some kinks.





Still have the cloth "paper bag" idea in my head I'd like to get out onto paper and create.








Received issue 6/2011 of Ottobre (ordered off the internet because I couldn't wait for my subscription to begin!)  and I can't wait to get sewing on some of them!










anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Swedish tracing paper so I can get these Ottobre patterns traced out to cut!


Need to re-arrange my sewing room ~ it's getting a bit crazy in there

I'm midway through this class and It's getting intensive.

Also made Homemade Granola. YUM.

Let me share with you:














Homemade Granola
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup canola oil
*Preheat oven to 375°. Mix all 3 of above in pan on stove, medium heat.  Stir often and carefully for 10 minutes.  Do not let it bubble.

In a separate bowl mix:
5 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup dry milk (milk powder/granules)
1 tsp cinnamon
** I add 1 cup shredded coconut but this is optional.  You can also add nuts here if you wish

Pour hot brown sugar/honey/oil mixture over oatmeal mixture and mix until moistened.  Spread onto a large baking pan. I used a 15x10x1.  Place in oven for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and stir around hot mixture on pan.  Let cool 10 minutes and stir again.  Let cool another 10 minutes and place into mason jars or a storage container   You can also add raisins, m&m's, or chocolate chips here.
This usually makes me 3 large mason jars full ~ however, everyone loves to eat it from Miss K all the way up to Mr. SunnySewing so I never get to fill 3 jars!

Enjoy!




~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.