Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ottobre 06/2011 #24 Wide-Wale Round Two!

Back on February 15th I traced, cut, and sewed these cute shorts in a size 140 for Miss K.  (She is a size 8 RTW); They ended up being way too snug.  So I walked away from them for a good month.  Sometimes I need to do that when I'm frustrated!

I wanted to try again in a bigger size to see if I liked the shorts or not.  This time I traced and cut a 152 because I had Miss K try on her brother's Harrison shorts I made on February 25th and they fit her with a little room.



I used the same fabric for the shorts because I liked the look of the first pair.  The corduroy was on sale at Hancock for $2 a yard when I picked it up awhile ago.  I had 2 yards so I had enough for the second pair.  I also had just enough of the owl fabric in scraps to pull this off but it was close!  When I was finished I picked out the most amazing purple-pink button from my vintage pail.


After all the work and anticipation I have to say I really don't like the shorts!  The pleated front poofs out and Miss K doesn't like that either.  I love the back and the dart shaping there but the front just isn't our style.  I doubt these will get worn much this summer. So I'm still searching for a great shorts pattern for Miss K.







~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.