Friday, April 26, 2013

Puppies and Flowers Sundress ~ Simplicity 1867

Have I mentioned before how in love I am with almost everything Riley Blake Designs makes?

Simplicity 1867 It's so Easy ~ Pattern Stash Contest


I assumed the dress would go together quick without issue and that the directions would be great as this is an "It's so easy" pattern.  I wasn't let down!  I chose View A but made it long like the dress, not the tunic.  There are 4 pattern pieces 1, 2, 3 and 4 -however I substituted the long skirt #7 for #3 and cut 2 on the fold as #3 suggests.  The dress is lined on the bodice.  I just love the cute top buttons on the design.  Miss K is still barely young enough for this but just edging out this style.  (Makes me sad my baby is growing up).  She is an 8 RTW so I sewed the 8.
front of the dress

There were no issues with the instructions, they were good.  I didn't do the ribbon steps - K doesn't like them.  Sew the bodice and it's lining; add the pockets to the skirt and gather, attach and do the buttons and hem.  Nice and fast.
back of the dress

FABRIC:  Pattern calls for 1 1/8 yard for the tunic skirt, however I used the longer skirt/dress so I used 1.5 yards.  Bodice called for 7/8 yard and I had 1 yard with a bit leftover - I think you can get by with .75 yards.  Fabric is Dress up days floral aqua and Dress up days bikes yellow, both from Fabric.com.  I got the aqua print for $6.49/yard and the yellow puppies for $7.63/yard. Both were ordered just in February this year.  Buttons are from my vintage bucket.

close up of bodice

Total for the dress minus thread: $17.94


Love these buttons!

and these puppies!

Conclusion: I love the dress - it is so sweet!  I think I will only make it this one time though because Miss K is just edging out of this younger style.  Plus it is unique enough that one is enough. I highly recommend it though!
one more view of the front
And YES! I took pics outside today!  It is a luscious 63 degrees finally here in Wisconsin.  I'm in heaven - except for the vicious spring allergies!


Finally got some pics of Miss K in her dress :-)  The below pics were added 5/8/13





~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.