Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 12 of 2013 ~ Reflection of my favorites this year





The Best of 2013

Most viewed post: A-Line Skirt Tutorial
I love this skirt and wore it quite a bit.  My zipper skills have improved tremendously so I should make a new one - however this Riley Blake fabric is my favorite of all time!

Coolest thing I sewed: Pac-Man Bathrobe for Mr. T
It was difficult, expensive, and took forever, but I LOVE IT!

Most favorite thing for me....a tie!
First is: My J.Crew knockoff!! 
I love this tee - I can't wait to make another version!

Second is: my Alma 
(I have another one in the works)

Some other favorites:
Jalie Tee 


Jungle stripes for K, sewn a total of 3 times!
Pink stripe  and yellow ice cream


Tank for me


Minecraft Jacket for T


McCall's dress for K sewn twice!
light pink/light blue    and dark blue/pink and white


McCall's Dress for Sew Weekly Reunion


Shorts for T



Cute tank for Miss K



I hope your year was eventful and successful! Here's to 2014 being even better in sewing!

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

12 comments:

  1. You have made some beautiful garments..Look forward to what you make next year.. Happy New Years, and Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks Judy! I look forward to your makes as well! 2014 will be the best yet :D

      Delete
  2. Happy New Years! I love your blog; I have found some great inspiration and continue to do so! Your Alma top is so cute; I haven't tried that pattern line...yet! I'm really glad you made the Mine Craft jacket because I would not have thought of it myself and my son loves wearing his. I want to make another eventually but with some other theme. I'm making a skirt right now and want to pair it with a Jalie T. I have had the pattern a while but just haven't traced it. I liked how you did the comparison of Ottobre and Jalie Ts, so I was looking at that the other day thinking "which one do I want to make for myself?" I have made the Ottobre Creative workshop, but the fit you showed makes me want to go with Jalie this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, thank you :) Your comment made me smile from inside-out. Sometimes I get a bit down and I'm always hard on myself and my sewing. It's nice to hear your kind words. Here's to a great 2014 for both of us!!!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! I really like the tops that you sewed for yourself this past year. Can't wait to see what you make in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy, Happy New Year to you too! I'm excited to see your future makes :D

      Delete
  4. Your skirt is really cute - I hadn't seen it, as I started to follow after you made it. I'm not surprised the Alma blouse is on your list either. I like the neckline and it looks like such a good fit. Looking forward to seeing Alma no. 2 and everything else you sew in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Philippa! It was my first make last January ;-)
      I look forward to your stuff too!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, Alma! I keep forgetting I have this pattern! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a lot of great makes this year! And I couldn't help notice a lot of them are light blue, hehe. Here's to a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It certainly is one of my favorite colors ;-)
      Thanks! and to you too!

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.