Thursday, February 27, 2014

Preparing for Spring ~ Ottobre 03/2011 #19

I've been doing a bit of cleaning in my sewing room this last week.  I am purging more fabric (sold another 18.5 yards!) and inventory-ing my patterns.  I have been trying to inventory my fabric as well.  I use Evernote for both. I like that I can add tags and access my info from my phone on the go.  It feels nice to get rid of things, have a clean room, and get organized.

Thinking of spring......(as this winter drags on and on and on. It was -24 again today and we have warnings of -45 tomorrow), I decided to get a jump start on K's wardrobe.  I popped out 2 tee shirts for her with Ottobre 03/2011 #19.  I have sewn this one other time. I like having a good tee pattern because the kids live in them.  I used two wild knits from that box of fabric I picked up in Jan for $1.18 per yard.  So each tee cost $1.18. WIN!

dizzying isn't it?

a close up

back



The wild one with the pink sleeves I used size 134 shoulders and length with a 142 width. The fabric is really stretchy so it works but is a bit snug.  For the floral tee I used a straight 146.  It is big in the shoulders so I think I can go down to a 142 in shoulders and 146 in width - this fabric was less stretchy.







Neither of these are stash fabrics (except the pink sleeves and neck bindings) but they are cute!  I was working on a blue linen Oliver +S hopscotch skirt (to go with the tees) but realized I won't finish it by the end of the month so I wanted to get these pictures.  The skirt will have to be another day. I picked up the hopscotch and knit tee pattern as well as the music class blouse and skirt pattern (both from Oliver+S).

I happily ordered some fabric - What!? I got rid of 18.5 yards so I figured it was ok :)
I picked up 3 yards of the most beautiful Wee Wander - I am so in love with this print! I got the top two and then the middle one, but in pink
Wee Wander Fat Quarter Bundle in Twilight

A yard of Charley Harper knit that I've been coveting for a bit now
Image 1

And a yard of this awesome mustache fabric that is the softest knit I've ever felt.
Jay-Cyn Designs Just For Fun Knits Fabric

Things are going well in our neck of the woods and I'm enjoying this peaceful time - I know it won't last!

I really need to get sewing some things off my upcoming list though... and the April Burda looks AMAZING!  I'll be busy - but I'd rather have too much to sew than not know what to sew at all. :-)

Yardage Totals:
Stash sewn this year: 12.5
Fabric out 2014: 53.5
Fabric in 2014: 55

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

16 comments:

  1. The tees look great! Nothing beats a comfy tee shirt in my opinion.;) I'm so ready to start warm weather sewing too. As soon as I finish the 2 button down shirts I need to make, I'm going to pull out my Ottobres and get to it. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I love tees. Oooh I look forward to seeing your Ottobres. :D It feels like spring will never come

      Delete
  2. The t-shirts look great and your daughter looks so happy! I bought some knit fabric recently because my stash is very small. I'm planning on sewing over spring break, and it can't get here fast enough! I just want to sew and make things! For now I will have to satisfy my creative urge by reading blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth :) She was fighting me on taking pictures so I had to bribe her with candy. lol.

      Delete
  3. Adorable tees.. [and adorable model too]
    Such pretty new fabrics...Look forward to seeing what you will make. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little spring t's! Hope it warms up down your way soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shirts! I too am moving into sewing for Spring. It's not a reflection of the weather but more my mood--I'm done with winter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I hear you there Shirley, perhaps if we start sewing spring the weather will take the hint!

      Delete
  6. Great looking tees! My kids live in the knit clothes I make them, too. That new mustache fabric is fabulous!
    Good luck cataloging! I have nearly all my patterns cataloged - in a spreadsheet and on flickr, but fabric is another story altogether. I have it sorted by type, which works well for me and if I don't count it, there's no yardage number to reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy!
      That cataloging is exhausting. Do you use Excel for the spreadsheet? That is a good idea. I use evernote but might like something more permanent on my computer too. I like seeing what you post up on flickr because I get excited that you will make that pattern soon :D LOL

      Delete
  7. Those t shirts look great. My daughter would love them. I never seem to see any decent knit fabric though (except really expensive desinger stuff online).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with you completely. It is so hard to find quality knits - at a decent price!

      Delete
  8. Great little Tees. My big girls love tees the most of all.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.