Friday, February 7, 2014

What I'm Working On

I thought I'd pop in with a little update. Holy cow, did I forget how exhausting it is to have a 3 yr old in the house.  Much props to all the moms with little ones in the house; I'm surprised you sew at all!  Our company arrived Tuesday, a day early.  Things have been.... nuts?  It has been a transition and somewhat difficult.
I have not been able to do any tracing, adjusting, cutting, or sewing since they arrived.  I am too afraid to bring pins and a rotary cutter out with those grabby hands around.  So with zero sewing going on, this lady is stressed!! Tonight we had a much welcomed break - they are out visiting others until tomorrow night. (I think they will be with us 3ish weeks so wish me luck!)


I took advantage of this alone time!  I washed 2 loads of fabric. From Left to Right: I adjusted and cut out a black knit, and a green/black chevron knit for an Ottobre top.  I managed to get 3 pairs of underwear out of those scraps plus one more pair out of other blue scraps.  I adjusted and cut out a blue/dark blue knit for a Lady Skater baby-doll top.  And all of that has made me much happier.  My sewing room is off limits to the small one so now that my stuff is ready to go I can lock myself in and have at it.
I also received my "fit for real people" book and have read it through twice. There is TONS of good information in this book.  I've already used a few techniques. (Thanks Gail for the heads up on how great the book is)

So expect to see some fun makes from me soon and I hope you are sewing up a storm.

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of that chevron!

    I'm super impressed you read the book twice already! For me it was information overload, so I had to read it slowly over a couple months, one section a day. I'm really glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail :D It's the Laguna knits from Kaufmann. I picked it up on fabric.com. Nice weight, not light, not heavy. I hope it holds up to washing.

      Delete
  2. I have that book too! So much information to grasp too! When my girls were little, I had to keep everything put away, and I only sewed during naps and at night. I am able to sew a lot more these days. The only problem I have now is my girls confiscating my sewing supplies and adding it to theirs! LOL You look like you have a plan and so organized. I start out organized and then when I am finished sewing, my area is a complete wreck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, it is a lot of info. I had time on my hands though. So cute that the girls are now grabbing your supplies! K loves my scraps, that's all so far ;-)

      Delete
  3. So much blue - one of my favourite colours! I find the toughest past of tissue fitting is doing it on my own, but a small hand held mirror comes in handy. Good luck with applying the concepts on the book, and also with hosting a wee one for three weeks straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. Yes, I think I'm a bit obsessed with blue. I should expand my color selections. I'll have to grab a small mirror at WM the next time I'm there. :D Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I'm rooting for you to get a bit of sewing time! I do like the look of the colours you've chosen, I bet you're longing to sew them up now. You definitely do forget what it's like having little ones about and how you just cannot leave them unattended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Philippa, so far I've only had about 2 hours at the machine. :(
      It's driving me bonkers. I've only made 2 pairs of undies. sigh.
      Soon!! :D
      This experience as given me a new appreciation for my 8 and 11 yr old. LOL

      Delete
  5. I hope you're able to get some sewing in! Having projects traced and cut out is half the battle.;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.