Sunday, May 11, 2014

Me Made May ~ week 2

A day late but still sort of on time :-)  I came down with a nasty and pretty serious upper respiratory infection the end of the week and it laid me completely out Friday to today. I feel like I'm on the good side of it now so I hope to be back up and running again.

I did manage to wear me-made's 5 days out of the week so it is a success (I pledged 3)

 Sunday, May 4th; 61°F
Top: Old navy

 Monday, May 5th; 63°F
Jeans: Gap

Tuesday, May 6th; 67°F 
Jeans: Gap

 Wednesday, May 7th; 63°F
Jeans: Gap

Thurday, May 8th; 79°F (really starting to get sick here)
Jeans: Gap

I'm a jeans and tee kind of girl so my outfits definitely reflect this.  I'd like to wear more skirts and dresses, but I always seem to reach for my comfortable jeans.

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

10 comments:

  1. I love that you put the temperatures! You guys had some hot weather this week! I'm glad you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thanks Gail. I figured people would wonder why I wore long sleeves one day and a tank the next; Midwestern weather is so fickle! And thanks!

      Delete
  2. You did really well to keep on documenting when you've been feeling so ill. I just give up if I'm ill! I totally understand the attraction of jeans and a top - just so practical if you are active and busy. Having said that, like you I'd like to make and wear more skirts or maybe (gasp!) a dress! Hope you keep on feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Philippa :) Luckily I took the pictures each day and wasn't quite under the weather until Thursday - then I gave up :P

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but I'm glad you are feeling better! You are doing well that you have something to wear each day. Maybe next year I can participate! I'm trying to get some blouses done for me. It's hard because one of my girls keeps asking for more tops for her, but I'm the one without much to wear. LOL I feel guilty sewing for myself so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley! I seem to get hit every spring when the allergies roll in. My asthma hates that. I feel I may run out of new ideas on things to wear soon. I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I am!
      Don't feel guilty sewing for yourself! DD always complains about trying things on until I have something new, then she is like "where's mine" .... kids ;-)

      Delete
  4. I hope you are better soon, Kristin. Meanwhile I was admiring all your lovely tees - that's what definitively missing in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniela :) They are the most important part of my closet lol

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better real soon.. Love your outfits..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.