Ottobre 03/2012 #13 Hollywood Cerise has been on my list for awhile now. K is growing fast and I had already traced and cut this out in a 134, even though her measurements now put her almost in a 146! I figured I better sew it fast before she grows more.
134 shoulders, 140 waist and hip, and 104 in height to make it a tunic and not a dress.
It went together fairly easy and reminds me a lot of the Oliver+S Ice Cream Dress. I sewed this up without issue. The instructions are well written. I used the "shaped facing" pieces for the armholes as directed but they are more like shaped bias tape pieces. I opted for using bias tape for the neckline, instead of the facing because K would not want that flapping around in front.
There were a ton of buttons to sew. I spaced the top two, two inches apart and then the rest 3 inches apart. There is a tiny bit of gaping when she sits down between the buttons but she wears a tank under it and it is no problem.
It turned out really cute and I'm really happy with it. Somehow it matches these shorts of hers exactly!
The fabric is a light, breezy cotton that I picked up dirt cheap. It was intended as muslin fabric but I like how it looks and really don't care to sew this up again so it will have to be the real deal. 1.25 yards of A day in the garden "Ava Vezite." Purchased in March 2014. I think it was like $1.20 a yard for the box I bought so this would have cost $1.50. Cheap!
(stash is anything purchased before this year)
Stash used: 5.5 yards
Fabric Out: 14.5 yards
Fabric In: 13.25 yards
Totals for the year to date:
Stash sew this year: 40.5 yards
Fabric out in 2014: 141.75 yards
Fabric in 2014: 154.5 yards
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~